**There is no fee to use the beach.**
- No smoking on the beach (except in designated areas), the boardwalk or the Bandstand. (Took effect May 15, 2014)
- NO FEEDING SEAGULLS
- No sleeping on the beach between the hours of 1:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m.
- No changing clothes in comfort stations on the boardwalk, under the boardwalk or in vehicles while parked on any public streets.
- No sleeping in cars on any street within the City, on or under the boardwalk or on benches. Age required by Delaware law to enter bars, etc. is 21 years.
- No drinking or open containers of alcoholic beverages on beach, boardwalk or public streets within the City limits.
- No open fire on the beach.
- Dogs - It is illegal for dogs to run at large at any time. The City has both a leash law and a pooper scooper law which are enforced. Dogs are prohibited from the beach and boardwalk from May 1 through September 30. but are allowed on the beach in Dewey Beach (just south of the RB Boardwalk) before 9:30am and after 5:30pm. They must still be on a leash and have a Dewey Beach Dog License. Dogs are allowed in the state parks. You may want to visit Cape Henlopen State Park in Lewes or Delaware Seashore State Park south of Dewey Beach.
- Bikes are allowed on the boardwalk during the hours of 5:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. from May 15th through September 15th. Adult bike riders are not permitted on the sidewalks at any time. Children, under 12, please check with police for regulations.
- Beach wheels are available 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day through Labor Day. They are located at Maryland Avenue and the Boardwalk, and Laurel Street and the Boardwalk. They are located on the beach and cannot be removed from the beach. First come, first serve basis, with no rental fee.
- No vehicles on boardwalk or beach.
- Skateboarding – Skateboards are prohibited on the boardwalk and bandstand year round and on the sidewalks and streets at all hours from May 15 through September 15.
- Roller skates and roller blades - No person shall roller skate or roller blade on the bandstand, boardwalk or Rehoboth Avenue.
- Parking Meters – Parking meters are in effect from the Friday immediately preceding Memorial Day until and including the second Sunday following Labor Day, between the hours of 10:00 a.m. prevailing time until 12:00 a.m. midnight, prevailing time of each day and shall apply to all parking meter zones established within the City. All thirty-minute parking meter zones shall remain posted and shall be in effect for the entire year. Meters will cost $2 perhour throughout the city. Those persons driving vehicles with a valid handicap plate or permit are required to pay for parking meters while the meters are in effect.
- Parking permits are required in all non-metered areas in the City 10am-5pm beginning the Friday before Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. For more information, see Visitor Services.
- Left Hand Turns-Left hand turns are not allowed on Rehoboth Avenue at the intersections of First Street and Second Street May 1-Sept. 30.
Please share our pride in our community. Litter ordinances are strictly enforced.