**There is no fee to use the beach.**
- No smoking on the beach (except in designated areas), the boardwalk or the Bandstand. (Took effect May 15, 2014)
- NO FEEDING SEAGULLS
- No sleeping on the beach between the hours of 1:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m.
- No changing clothes in comfort stations on the boardwalk, under the boardwalk or in vehicles while parked on any public streets.
- No sleeping in cars on any street within the City, on or under the boardwalk or on benches. Age required by Delaware law to enter bars, etc. is 21 years.
- No drinking or open containers of alcoholic beverages on beach, boardwalk or public streets within the City limits.
- No fires or cooking surfaces of any kind will be allowed. No grills.
- No glass bottles or containers on the beach.
- When lifeguards are on duty, games involving running or using a moving object (ex: balls, Frisbees, kites) are not permitted.
- Bonfires are not permitted on the beach.
- Only 7 foot, 6 inch umbrellas or smaller with a collapsible circular shade no greater than 8 feet in diameter will be allowed.
- Only canopies designed for babies and small children that do not exceed 36 x 36 inches will be allowed.
- Only canopies allowed by permit for special events and weddings will be allowed on beach.
- Dogs - It is illegal for dogs to run at large at any time. The City has both a leash law and a pooper scooper law which are enforced. Dogs are prohibited from the beach and boardwalk from May 1 through September 30, but are allowed on the beach in Dewey Beach (just south of the RB Boardwalk) before 9:30am and after 5:30pm. They must still be on a leash and have a Dewey Beach Dog License. Dogs are allowed in the state parks. You may want to visit Cape Henlopen State Park in Lewes or Delaware Seashore State Park south of Dewey Beach.
- Bikes are allowed on the boardwalk during the hours of 5:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. from May 15th through September 15th. Adult bike riders are not permitted on the sidewalks at any time. Children, under 12, please check with police for regulations.
- Beach wheels are available 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day through Labor Day. They are located at Maryland Avenue and the Boardwalk, and Laurel Street and the Boardwalk. They are located on the beach and cannot be removed from the beach. First come, first serve basis, with no rental fee.
- No vehicles on boardwalk or beach.
- Skateboarding – Skateboards are prohibited on the boardwalk and bandstand year round and on the sidewalks and streets at all hours from May 15 through September 15.
- Roller skates and roller blades - No person shall roller skate or roller blade on the bandstand, boardwalk or Rehoboth Avenue.
- Parking Meters – From May 15-September 15 annually, parking in the City of Rehoboth Beach is by permit or via meters only. Parking permits are enforced from 10 am-5 pm, and metered spaces require payment from 10 am-10 pm.
Head-in parking is required. Vehicles must be parked head in with the front of the vehicle toward the curb or edge of pavement in all angled or perpendicular parking spaces within the City of Rehoboth Beach. (Handicap-accessible vehicles are exempted from the head-in parking requirement.)
- Parking permits
All non-metered areas of the city require a parking permit daily from 10 am-5 pm May 15-September 15. The City of Rehoboth Beach is not responsible for lost or stolen parking permits.
Parking vehicles longer than 22' 3" is restricted. Call 302-227-6184 for special instructions.
- Left Hand Turns-Left hand turns are not allowed on Rehoboth Avenue at the intersections of First Street and Second Street May 1-Sept. 30.
Please share our pride in our community. Litter ordinances are strictly enforced.